Sunday, July 24, 2011

There's a toliet in my bedroom!

What a great title for a first post, hey? This is my new blog where I plan to share pieces of my life, my home, maybe my family, and my projects.

Above you will see the project we are currently working on: our master bathroom. We have lived in this house for eight years and the only with we've done in that room is paint over the walls that were sponge-painted with poopy-color brown paint. We have ignored the lineoleum that is three inches too small, the leaking faucets, the light fixtures that keep getting calls from 1986 to please return, and a myriad of other things.


This year, we took the plunge. We decided to re-do the bathroom...finally! Sadly, we are going to be working in phases. Phase One is happening this summer with a new tiled floor (that covers all the subfloor, WOOT WOOT!), new faucets, new lighting, and new mirrors. Phase Two will happen next summer (hopefully) with a new countertop to replace the one the previous owners burned with their cigerettes. Phase Three, which is super top-secret cuz I haven't told my hubby yet, will be to replace the shower and shower door.

So, the beginning of Phase One explains why there is a toliet in my bedroom. It isn't there anymore, thank goodness! I will post more pictures when we have completed Phase One. In the meantime, here are some work-in-progress pictures. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment